Tuesday, January 18, 2022 - Dr. Abraam Yakoub is an associate professor of biomedical sciences at UND. His team received a $4.5 million award from the National Institutes of Health for a 5-year project studying COVID. ~~~ The federal government uses scores of programs to give tens of billions of dollars a year to help rural America. But the USDA alone has more than a dozen definitions of rural, depending on the program. Harvest Public Media’s Jonathan Ahl reports that can leave some very small towns out of the process.
Monday, January 17, 2022 - On this Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday, we discuss various aspects of race and the importance of holidays with UND philosophy professor Jack Russell Weinstein.
North Dakota's current active case count is 7,456.
North Dakota receives $2.7 million each year from the program.
Today’s test positivity rate is 21.92 percent.
There are currently 9,770 active cases statewide.
News from NPR
- With airlines worried about 5G, Verizon and AT&T agree to delay rollout near airports
- Americans' political party preferences shifted to Republicans in recent months
- Joss Whedon was once hailed as a feminist. Then came the stories about his behavior
- Divisions at the U.S. Supreme Court are playing out in differences among the justices
- Jan. 6 panel subpoenas Rudy Giuliani and other lawyers tied to false election claims
Today's Dakota Datebook
In 1998 the internet was still in its infancy. The World Wide Web had only been available to the public for about five years. Therefore, when Donald Hoffman of Bismarck posted his resume and a photograph on a website called Actor’s World, he didn’t think much would come of it.