Weekly news roundup with Dave Thompson
Prairie Public News Director Dave Thompson joins Main Street to discuss this week’s biggest news stories. Listen above.
This week's topics
- Longtime North Dakota Justice Gerald VandeWalle is retiring January 31, 2023. He served 44 years on the state Supreme Court, and 27 as chief justice.
- There are some changes are coming to the North Dakota legislature in the new year:
- New House majority leader — Mike Lefor (R-Dickinson)
- New Senate majority leader — David Hogue (R-Minot)
- New Senate minority leader — Kathy Hogan (D-Fargo)
- Attorney General Drew Wrigley is seeking a bigger budget for his office in the 2023 Legislative Session.
- Attorney General Drew Wrigley says doctors who perform abortions should be able to disclose the patient's health information as part of their defense to avoid prosecution.
- North Dakota’s Energy and Environmental Research Center is researching the idea of creating salt caverns for storing products such as natural gas and hydrogen.