Xcel Energy will pay a $12,000 fine for a natural gas leak that led to an explosion and fire at a Fargo senior living complex.
That fire happened January 4th, 2019 at Riverview Place. It damaged four of the 24 apartments. No one was hurt – but the building was evacuated for several hours.
The fine will be paid to the Public Service Commission.
"The gas was leaking, and wasn't vented properly," said PSC Chairman Brian Kroshus. "The gas made its way into the mechanical room. There was combustion."
Kroshus said this could have been a very serious situation.